We trust the above summaries have been helpful.
When selecting your lawyer be sure to consider the benefit of having the most experienced solicitor and barrister to represent you because experience really does count. It means less legal costs to you and more provision out of the estate.
Let me explain.
Experienced lawyers understand what is important and what is not, in these cases. So many times we see our opposition lawyer get it all wrong. As a result we do much better for our clients when his or her clients suffer. The experience in preparing a proper case for mediation or preparing a proper case for a hearing is of the utmost importance. It not only helps in negotiating a good settlement at mediation but also for getting it right before a judge and in both situations means a better result for you.
However, all lawyers are not as experienced as they would have you believe... in this kind of work. Contesting a Will is not like personal injury litigation or any other type of litigation. Your solicitor and barrister needs to be experienced and qualified in deceased estates, so you need to look for their qualifications and their case numbers. To top it off we frequently see inexperienced lawyers in deceased estates charge their clients much more money, either for work that is not required or because they are learning as they go.
Experience really does count.
See what our clients have said about us:
- Law Society accredited & experienced in over 5,000 will disputes.
- Recommended by Doyle's Guide to Best Lawyers in Australia.
- Recognised International STEP Member as Expert in Will Disputes
Qualifications & Memberships:
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
- Listed in Doyle’s Guide to the Best Lawyers in Australia as one of Sydney’s recommended lawyers in Wills and Estates Litigation.
- New South Wales Law Society Accredited Specialist in Wills & Estate Law.
- Member of the International Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners. Membership is considered a mark of excellence recognised internationally.
- Awarded in 2015 (and nominated in 2011 and 2013) for the Law And Justice Foundation Award for Pro Bono work by the Law Society President.
- Associate of the Australian Legal Practice Management Association.
- Member of the Law Society New South Wales.
- Member of the Law Society Queensland.
- Member of the Law Institute Victoria.